Good Magazine / Christmas Cover 2016

09:00

At the end of last year I illustrated my 4th Christmas cover for Good Magazine!  It's been a while since Christmas now, but Christmas illustrations are among my favourites to draw, whatever the time of year. There are many things I don't like about real-life Christmas, but I've always loved story-world Christmas. It's always so perfect and cozy! When I was little, I always re-read the Christmas chapters from my favourite books over and over at all times throughout the year. Astrid Lindgren, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder - they always write about perfectly snowy, cozy Christmases. I still love it.
This cover illustration is picturing a scene of carol singers in front of the Dubai skyline. I added some of the roughs/sketches so you can see a bit of how it came together.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

EMAIL ME

Pinterest